• Ph.D., Microbiology (eucaryotic molecular biology) Washington State University, Pullman WA, 1988
• B.S. Molecular and Cellular Biology, University of Washington, Seattle, WA, 1980
• B.S. Microbiology and Immunology, University of Washington, Seattle, WA, 1980
Current Positions and Titles
• Research Consultant
Analytical research consultant (private contractor). Research specialty in the genetics of psychiatric disorders. “Molecular” clients include the biotech and pharmaceutical industries. “Behavioral" clients include high-tech industries, governmental organizations (civilian and military), people-focused businesses, formal and allied educational organizations.
• Affiliate Professor, Dept. of Bioengineering
University of Washington School of Medicine, Seattle, Washington
• Architectural Fellow
Consulting services for international architecture firm NBBJ on information processing and space design. Projects ranging from corporate headquarters to healthcare design.
• National Academy Affiliate Scholar
National Academy of Engineering, Washington, DC
• Author, speaker
Books, columns, invited reviews and invited speaker for national and international audiences on topics related to psychiatric disorders and information processing.